Muscle building nutrition is not a complex thing. You need some basic knowledge, discipline and consistency. What all you need is to eat a good healthy diet daily. Mostly all weight trainers overlook the nutrition, but actually without a suitable diet you are really limiting the outcomes from your workout.
Below are the 10 rules of muscle building nutrition to build muscle and gain weight as fast as 1, 2, and 3..
- Shift away from 3 meals a day to at least 6 smaller meals a day. Eating more meals daily boosts the metabolism and gives a constant flow of energy and reduces the body tendency to store food as fat. Feed your body with what actually is required instead of what fit in your stomach.
- Include protein and carbohydrates in every meal. Take about 30 grams of protein and carbohydrates in every meal. Carbohydrates can be taken through bread, potatoes and rice. Stick to oats, brown rice, whole grain and whole meal bread for good carbohydrates. Chicken, egg white, tuna, red meat and fish are few rich sources of protein.
- Stay away from simple carbohydrates like sugar, soft drinks and honey. Although simple carbohydrates give you instant refreshment but they will drop you right back where you came from after a few minutes. Excessive sugar may ruin your insulin metabolism and leads to fatigue and fat storage.
- Avoid fats and excessive salts. Some fat is essential for your health. Good fat is found in olive oil, peanut butter and fish. In contrast vegetable oil, animal fats and butter are the sources for bad fats. Also avoid all junk food and fizzy drinks.
- About 30-60 minutes before workout, fuel up with a small meal that contain good portion or complex carbohydrates and protein. The complex carbohydrates will give you the sustained energy for train long and hard and protein will aid your muscle during your workout.
- After every workout take meal or shake to boost your body needs. After workout your muscles is crying out for nutrients. 40 to 50 grams of protein and carbohydrates are needed for an insulin spike that releases growth hormone. A supplement shake is the best way to deliver these nutrients and then by a good workout meal within 1 hour of training.
- Drink plenty of water constantly throughout your day and during workout. Water is the most important nutrient in your body. The quality and performance of your tissues, their resistance to injury is dependent on the amount of water.
- Stay away from snacks. Plan your diet as most if not all snacks are unhealthy and full of sugar, salt and other unnatural ingredients.