A room is incomplete without a bed; in the same case a bed is incomplete without a mattress. Before buying make sure that you are fully aware of with the types of mattress. Bed pads are also a compulsory object for every mattress. Here are discussing the types of mattresses such as:
The spirals are interconnected, so the foundation is durable and strong. But when you press one spring then all the adjacent elements are compressed. Therefore, spinal support is weak. Each spiral is wrapped in a fabric cover. Different manufacturers have number of springs that varies from 250 to 1000 pcs. The larger the number of springs provides the higher the flexibility of the mattress.
This is a traditional mattress structure. It is thinner than spring. Manufacturers often alternate several layers of different materials to increase elasticity. In addition to the usual cotton wool and foam rubber, agave leaves, banana palm, seaweed, horsehair is used.
Imply a combination of several layers of filler from different materials. They differ in stiffness and texture, so one side of the product is soft, the other is hard. It is possible to differentiate the left and right sides according to the weight of the user (double models).
Degrees of Rigidity While Using Bed Mattress
- Low – inside the products, there is foam rubber or spring (economy class) or material with a memory effect. Suitable for thin people.
- Above average – a soft mattress with a strong spring block or a solid top layer of filler (coconut coir or horsehair). It is good for teenagers.
- The middle one is a combined type, in which one side is hard, the other is soft. In models with a block of independent springs, a coconut filler and a medium density jacquard substrate are placed on top. Universal option.
- Below average – implies the presence of a reinforced spring block and a thick layer of solid fillers.
- High – solid plate made of coconut, reinforced springs, and elastic stitch. Such products are intended for therapeutic purposes
What are the Characteristics of a Mattress?
Before choosing the mattress, make sure that your bed pads are perfectly fit in your bed for a good sleep. However, the mattresses are classified according to their characteristics.
This is a natural material made of Hevea wood. It is durable, durable, flexible, non-toxic. Recovers quickly after clicking. It is considered an ideal filler but may cause allergies.
Polyurethane foam. The Hypoallergenic and practical foam rubber is traditionally used as a layer of mattresses. The processing method is constantly being improved, the material has become safer and more durable than 10 years ago.
This is a type of polyurethane foam, which remembers the position of the body. The mattress reduces the load on the spine. The sizes of the mattress can be standard or customized. But in general, memory material are divided into 4 types:
- Single beds
- One and a half
- Double beds
Match different bed types. Size variations:
- length (120–180 cm for children, 190–200 cm for adults);
- width (for children from 60 to 80 cm, adults from 80 to 200 cm);
- height (springless models 6–24 cm, spring 12–50 cm).
Advantages and disadvantages
There are many types of mattresses, all of them have their advantages and disadvantages, identified on the basis of user feedback.
Dependent spring mattresses
- Two-sided configuration
- High maximum load
- Affordable price
- Short service life
- Inconvenient to transport and store
- Not ventilated
- Static electricity builds up
- Microbes accumulate
- Springs rest on all parts of the body
- Comfortable to lie in any position
- Do not creak
- Do not rock
- Do not generate static electricity
- Serve at least 10 years (natural filler)
- Well ventilated
- Easy to roll up for transportation
- Suitable for everyone
- Nothing rests on the sides
- Poor-quality filler quickly flattened
- Get wet and dry for a long time
How to Choose a Mattress for a Newborn?
For an infant, the crib mattress is suitable that should be hard or medium. As for the springs, the design Bonnel is not recommended for children under one-year-old. An independent unit will provide the necessary support. The springless option is suitable if it has high-quality filler.
With the size everything is simple such as measure the lattice of the crib and report the numbers to the seller. The mattress must fit perfectly, otherwise, it will curl or bend. Standard dimensions for newborn beds: 60 by 120 cm or 70 by 140 cm. The ideal height is 7–8 cm.
As a filler for young children, natural latex is best suited. It is moderately hard, quickly recovers from, ecologically safe. Coconut filler is also good for babies. It does not absorb water, is well ventilated, provides excellent support. The Horsehair has the same properties, but it can cause allergies. Foam rubber and batting are inexpensive but do not have an orthopedic effect.As an additional feature does not prevent the processing of dust, moisture, and germs. Allergy sufferers will facilitate proper sleep. Be sure to purchase a mattress topper. It will protect the product from damage, dirt, and leaks.
How to Choose a Mattress for a Teenager?
A good length of a teenage mattress is 180 cm, width 80–90 cm for a single bed, height 10–15 cm. It is necessary to calculate with a margin.If the springs, then in independent blocks. A model without spirals should be filled with hypoallergenic, natural material. Teenagers are overweight, so you should pay attention to the elasticity of the mattress. Slender children need a product with an average or above average degree. Full – below average or hard.
The advantage of modern mattresses is their anatomical and orthopedic effect. Today there are many disputes regarding the use of bed pads concepts. The most common factor is to consider the right mattress for your bed.